Re: u_intX_t vs. uintX_t

On Sun, 1 Jul 2012, Hans Rosenfeld wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 03:20:47PM +1200, Steven Drake wrote:
> > > I'm guessing that this bug is common in linuxy programs...
> >
> > No because u_intX_t has  been available on both Linux, NetBSD and FreeBSD
> > (possibly others) since the late 90's.
>
> That doesn't really help anyone on systems which don't have them (SunOS,
> and possibly others). So getting rid of that non-standard crap is IMHO
> the way to go.

Agreed.

> uintXX_t and stdint.h vs. sys/types.h (and what about inttypes.h?) is
> then just an issue of _how_ to fix it properly.

Thats my point exactly, how to fix it _properly_.

In the last few days I fixed a couple of packages because they had been
patched to "Fix build on SunOS." by using the uintX_t types but they had
not been patch to include stdint.h at the same time which mean they
no longer built on Linux.

--
Steven