Re: How to deal with bulk build's "/var/qmail" problem?

On 5/25/2012 12:36, Hans Rosenfeld wrote:
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 12:11:44PM +0200, John Marino wrote:
I noticed problems with /var/qmail. I even looked at it for a brief
moment, but then I decided there are more important things to fix (for
SunOS, at least).

I don't know if it is related to the build problems, but the package
shouldn't touch /var at all, it should use ${VARBASE}.

Yeah, I was surprised that it wasn't using $VARBASE, but it's a lot of
mail packages, not just one.  And other packages install directly to
/var as well.  Probably wrong, but they do.

And they should be fixed. All of them. :)

I grepped the previous build and this lists the ones with the error:
mail/autorespond
mail/dotforward
mail/ezmlm
mail/fastforward
mail/mailfront
mail/mess822
mail/qgreylist
mail/qmail-conf
mail/qmail-filter
mail/qmail-run
mail/qtools
mail/serialmail

I only noticed it with qmail because it showed up in the "causing most
breakage" list in my builds.

I'm building with pbulk.conf VARBASE set to /var, so I'll let you know
if that makes things better or worse.

That would be very interesting, although the packages should still be
fixed.

after setting pbulk.conf's VARBASE to /var, the build seems to work normally and all the mail/* packages that were failing with the /var/qmail error built.

John