How to deal with bulk build's "/var/qmail" problem?

I don't know if this is a misconfiguration on my part or what, but while looking over bulkbuild results, I've noticed that over a dozen mail packages are failing in the configure stage.

They are complaining that "/var/qmail" already exists and that it needs to be deleted before continuing. One package is creating that directory and it never gets removed afterward, so the following packages that are sensitive to it fail.

I assume I'm not the first person to have noticed this. How do you deal with it to get those following packages building too?

John