Re: pkgin: SQL error: callback requested query abort (was: Updating both Perl and Perl Modules from a binary repository)

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 02:10:00PM +0200, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> > pkgin can normally handle this.
> Looks quite promising. Indded, on one of two identical servers, it seems to
> work, on the other one, I fail to add "keepable" packages.
>
> No error messages. But ktrace reveals:
>       SQL error: callback requested query abort
> I'm totally stuck with this. update and avail work, keep does nothing,
> show-keep and upgrade say "no keepable packages".

Hm, sounds like the database became inconsistent internally or wrt.
/var/db/pkg (although that shouldn't happen).

rm -rf /var/db/pkgin , then pkgin update, then retry. It's a cache.

If that doesn't help, ask mr pkgin (send-pr) and he'll (that's my
experience) ask you for more details and improve pkgin to better
avoid that condition... ;-)

Regards,
        -is
--