Re: long-broken packages (some are removal candidates)

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 06:31:07PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> No, but ezm3 dumps stuff (intermediate compile results!) into $PREFIX
> and then expects to be able to read it back later in the same build.
> That approach won't work either. I don't think anything will besides
> hacking the modula-3 build 'tools'; that isn't simple and will likely
> break modula-3 applications. Fortunately the only one we have to care
> about is cvsup; still it'll be a good chunk of work. And it's a
> horrible, horrible system.

In the days of cvsync, what's the point of cvsup ?

I mean, the prankster who wrote it in modula3 `just because it was fun',
and the lazy bums who didn't bother rewriting it in a somewhat mainstream
language deserve for it to die a complete horrible death.

cvsup is dead, long live cvsync.