Re: long-broken packages (some are removal candidates)

On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 15:39:41 +0900, David Holland
<dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 02:58:00PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
 > On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 14:27:38 +0900, Robert Elz <kre%munnari.oz.au@localhost>
wrote:

 > >    Date:        Mon, 02 Apr 2012 13:25:48 +0900
 > >    From:        "OBATA Akio" <obache%NetBSD.org@localhost>
 > >
 > >  | >  > >wm/afterstep
 > >
 > >  |  From quick view of various bulk build resuit, it may be happened
 > >  | with builtin X11 (I'm using X11_TYPE=modular).
 > >
 > >I just successfully built & packaged wm/afterstep on NetBSD 5.0 / i386
 > >PKG_DEVELOPER=yes X11_TYPE=native USE_DESTDIR=no using pkg_comp starting
 > >in a mostly empty sandbox (it would have perl installed for lintpkgsrc).
 > >
 > >It all looks OK there to me, so I don't think it is an X11_TYPE issue.
 >
 > Yes, I also built & installed fine on my fresh NetBSD-i386-6.0_BETA
 > without X11_TYPE (=native).

Inspecting the failed work dir, I found this:

ASDocGen ERROR: Cannot open file
/home/pkgbulk/c/obj/wm/afterstep/work/.home/.afterstep/non-configurable/workspace_state
 for writing!
 Please check permissions or contact your sysadmin !

in AfterStep-2.1.2/src/ASDocGen/log.man, which is apparently where it
hides the record of what it's doing when generating roff docs.

There's also a log.html, which is empty.

I'm guessing the problem is that it's trying to use $HOME, or that
it's trying to use the homedir from getpwuid(), or both. The latter is
not writeable by the bulk build user in my setup, and probably also in
Joerg's.

Former is not used (I've confirmed with chmod -w ${HOME}), and later is
writable.
 Why FAKEHOME is not writable with builk build (it's in ${WRKDIR})?
Then I tried to create FAKEHOME without write permission,
but still built&installed fine.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost