Re: long-broken packages (some are removal candidates)

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 02:58:00PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
 > On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 14:27:38 +0900, Robert Elz <kre%munnari.oz.au@localhost>
 > wrote:
 >
 > >    Date:        Mon, 02 Apr 2012 13:25:48 +0900
 > >    From:        "OBATA Akio" <obache%NetBSD.org@localhost>
 > >
 > >  | >  > >wm/afterstep
 > >
 > >  |  From quick view of various bulk build resuit, it may be happened
 > >  | with builtin X11 (I'm using X11_TYPE=modular).
 > >
 > >I just successfully built & packaged wm/afterstep on NetBSD 5.0 / i386
 > >PKG_DEVELOPER=yes X11_TYPE=native USE_DESTDIR=no using pkg_comp starting
 > >in a mostly empty sandbox (it would have perl installed for lintpkgsrc).
 > >
 > >It all looks OK there to me, so I don't think it is an X11_TYPE issue.
 >
 > Yes, I also built & installed fine on my fresh NetBSD-i386-6.0_BETA
 > without X11_TYPE (=native).

Inspecting the failed work dir, I found this:

ASDocGen ERROR: Cannot open file
/home/pkgbulk/c/obj/wm/afterstep/work/.home/.afterstep/non-configurable/workspace_state
 for writing!
 Please check permissions or contact your sysadmin !

in AfterStep-2.1.2/src/ASDocGen/log.man, which is apparently where it
hides the record of what it's doing when generating roff docs.

There's also a log.html, which is empty.

I'm guessing the problem is that it's trying to use $HOME, or that
it's trying to use the homedir from getpwuid(), or both. The latter is
not writeable by the bulk build user in my setup, and probably also in
Joerg's.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost