Re: install vlc2 break "libmemcpy3dn_plugin.la"

On 3/27/2012 06:46, Maurizio Caloro wrote:
If it were me asking this question, I'd have include the information
regarding the operating system, the release version, and the
architecture.  All of those can affect what libraries are built.
John

Yes true !

NetBSD powermac.G4 5.1 NetBSD 5.1 (GENERIC) #0: Sat Nov  6 17:09:11 UTC
2010
builds%b7.netbsd.org@localhost:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-1-RELEASE/macppc/201011061943Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-1-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/macppc/compile/GENERIC
macppc

Hi Mauri,
You are seeing a long-known bug with non-x86 platforms:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=45527

The PLIST should be split into common and OS-specific fragments in my opinion. Since VLC 2 is a new package it should take PR 45527 into account. Maybe you should ping the PR to get it some attention.

John