Re: Build fix for modular X under Mac OS

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 15:39, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 12:44:42PM +0100, Benny Siegert wrote:
>> I saw some errors while building x11/libX11 on Mac OS Lion. I traced
>> it back to xproto and added a patch (see attached). Is it okay to
>> commit? I am nervous about the PKGREVISION bump ...
>
> Can you be a bit more specific of what issue you are seeing? Unlike
> upstream, we are trying to do feature tests for xproto and sys/param.h
> comes with a lot of namespace pollution.

Okay. In Xos_r.h, struct _Xgethostbynameparams contains

  char           h_name[MAXHOSTNAMELEN];

MAXHOSTNAMELEN is defined in <sys/param.h>:

/usr/include/sys/param.h:#define MAXHOSTNAMELEN 256             /* max hostname
size */

In the built-in include/X11/Xtrans/Xtranssock.c (!?), there is this:

#ifndef MAXHOSTNAMELEN
#define MAXHOSTNAMELEN 255
#endif

Maybe this should be used instead, or libX11 should be fixed instead.

In any case, what about the PKGREVISION increase? Would I need to do a
revbump then? This would mean bumping all packages using X11 :(.

--Benny.