Re: FireFox 10.0.1 pkg for testing

On 3/3/2012 12:37, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
From: Ryo ONODERA<ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost>, Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012
20:36:16 +0900 (JST)

I'm not sure, but the attached patch add -lkvm to linking stage of libxul.
Please replace your patch-mm with it, and run "make mdi".

At least for me, this patch improve the situation.
Sorry,
"At least for me, this patch does NOT improve the situation." is correct.

I applied the patch, and it didn't change anything at first.
Then I decided to build xulrunner with the gold linker instead of gnu ld linker and it built fine. DragonFly 3.1 has the ability to switch to gold using the environment variable LDVER.

e.g. "> env LDVER=ld.gold bmake"

Previously with gnu ld, I also tried replacing -lkvm with /usr/lib/libkvm.a, and the static version was also ignored.

I guess the early conclusion is that the patch is correct and gnu ld linker is malfunctioning. I don't know what workaround could be applied for gnu ld linker other than to put -lkvm much earlier in the command line perhaps (assumes it's a command line position related issued, perhaps affected by previous -L switches).

John