Re: FireFox 10.0.1 pkg for testing

On 3/1/2012 10:02 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 08:58:52AM +0100, John Marino wrote:
I was able to recreate this error on tinderbox-dragonfly.
Would linking libkvm statically solve this?
Could someone describe the problem again, please?
Last error messages I saw had: undefined reference to `kvm_open' undefined reference to `kvm_getprocs' undefined reference to `kvm_close'
are these gone with libkinfo/libkvm or whatever?

/usr/libexec/binutils221/elf/ld: hidden symbol `kvm_getprocs' isn't

This might be a missing include or something, please check how kvm_getprocs
is defined when used in It could be a wrong extern
declaration, which (due to default visibility hidden) needs an explicit
visibility attribute. An example for this happening is the extern declaration
of "environ" in the same source file:

I just checked /usr/lib/
All the missing symbols are defined there and they all look global. Adding -lkvm should have fixed the problem. kvm_getprocs isn't hidden visibility.