Re: I wish I had a make target that...

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 04:53:28PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Given that +CONTENTS contains hashes of the file, it is bogus.

Well, I know that I am going to overwrite the pkg again (once I'm done
debugging). It would be ok if the target updates the hashes, or if
it ignored the problem and a later step would "fix" it.

Let me give an example of why I need this:

I am looking at a crash inside some perl shared library that (so far) is only
reproducable by trying to build spamassasin. I started with enabling the
debug option for perl (plus some local modifications) and a regular
"make update". This caused me to update xulrunner + firefox, which then
caused me to debug the newer firefox, .....

Now it turns out spamassasin builds fine with the debug version of perl. So
I am back replacing perl with a "-g but not debug" version.

Overall this already took more than a week. And clearly the installed firefox
version does not care at all which version of the perl pkg is installed and
wether it is build with debug info or not.

Martin