Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/xzgv

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:31:53AM +0100, John Marino wrote:
> The command line option is "--copy-dt-needed-entries"
> Permanently patching the source code for ld is the other option, but I'm
> not sure that's desired by the project at this point.

I would like to see this discussion finished. In short, I consider this
change in binutils BROKEN. It uniliterally changes the ELF semantic. It
breaks established practices for dealing with ABI compatibility. It can
*slow* down symbol lookup. I don't want to see further changes without
discussing the impact.

Joerg