Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/xzgv

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:58:13PM +0100, John Marino wrote:
> Perhaps the logic for which libraries gets added to LDFLAGS needs to be
> platform
> specifically, but eliminating indirect linking probably is the correct
> thing to do.
> DragonFly is just the first to notice.

I disagree on two levels: disabling following proper DT_NEEDED chains is
a worse nightmare than "dependency hell", so explicit linking IMHO is
the wrong answer for pkgsrc - if there is an option to enable old behaviour,
it should be used instead. If not, we should drop support for gnu ld ;-)

But if we go for explicit linking, the buildlink.mk files need to build
the library list automagically - not the leaf pkg.

Martin