Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/xzgv

On 12/16/2011 12:02 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:58:13PM +0100, John Marino wrote:
Perhaps the logic for which libraries gets added to LDFLAGS needs to be
platform
specifically, but eliminating indirect linking probably is the correct
thing to do.
DragonFly is just the first to notice.
I disagree on two levels: disabling following proper DT_NEEDED chains is
a worse nightmare than "dependency hell", so explicit linking IMHO is
the wrong answer for pkgsrc - if there is an option to enable old behaviour,
it should be used instead. If not, we should drop support for gnu ld ;-)

But if we go for explicit linking, the buildlink.mk files need to build
the library list automagically - not the leaf pkg.

Martin

That solution may work in some cases, but I'm guessing the majority are fixed in the leaf package. At least so far, it's really not that common of a source
of breakage.  The biggest offender so far is libm, followed by libX11.
John