Re: Freeze for pkgsrc in preparation for pkgsrc-2011Q4

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 09:15:13PM +0300, Andrey N. Oktyabrski wrote:
> On 13.12.11 18:55, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> >The freeze will start on December 17th, 2011 at 23:59 UTC, and will
> >take up to 2 weeks. We'll update people on progress made as the freeze
> >continues.
> How about to close at least simple bug reports before it?
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=45497
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=45499
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=45555
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=45612

The freeze is supposed to be for exactly these kind of issues - fixing
and closing out PRs, with a stable infrastructure underneath, and with
no new modifications to existing packages coming down the line (with
the exception of security fixes, of course).  That said, getting a
head start by closing some of the outstanding PRs is great, too.

Best,
Alistair