Re: databases/nss_ldap pthread_once() configure test

On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 05:06:33PM +0200, Edgar Fu? wrote:
 > A very strange problem I had (people not being put into their
 > secondary groups on ssh login after switching LDAP to use STARTTLS)
 > boils down to nss_ldap's configure script failing to detect the
 > presence of pthread_once() on NetBSD.
 > [... demons flying out of noses in autoconf tests ...]

 > It probably doesn't matter because databases/nss_ldap is
 > ONLY_FOR_PLATORM NetBSD, but how to better work around the problems
 > than my simple-minded patch below?

You probably can't, as much of that "logic" is baked into autoconf.

If it's provided by the package as custom autoconf tweaks, you can
patch the autoconf files, rerun autoconf, and use the results to
mechanically patch the autoconf output, but that isn't going to be
easier or much better.

If nobody commits the patch be sure to file it in gnats.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost