Re: Updating openldap-server requires db4_recover

> Does this happen to you each time you shutdown slapd?
Depend on what exactly you mean by ``this''.
Since I didn't update every time I shut down slapd, I can't tell whether I
would have needed to run db4_recover in order to upgrade.
Both times I actually did update, I ran into the trouble I described.
I'm totally unfamiliar with Berkeley DB, but my impression is that shutting
down slapd leaves some __db.nnn files behind which prevent the update. Running
db4_recover seems to remove these files.