Re: libusb-1.0 library

On Sunday, at 11:36, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
| has anyone been successful in porting the new version of libusb-1.0? Its been
| around since 2008 and many projects use this new library. The version in
| pkgsrc still is libusb-0.1.12 and hence these applications currently can't be
| updated in pkgsrc.

Hi,

I once started to look at this ... but haven't done any significant progress
apart from preparing the configure script to handle netbsd and put an empty
skeleton file for all functions to be implemented.

Iirc, most of the functions are trivial to implement, except for a few that
require more intimate knowledge of the netbsd usb implementation. Especially
for the isochronous part that was not present in libusb-0.1.

I can forward my changes to anyone interested (but again, there is nothing more
than a 10 minutes hacking session, so starting from scratch is also an option
...).

# On branch netbsd
# Changes not staged for commit:
#       modified:   configure.ac