Re: Unsetting ENV in pkgsrc

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Tim Zingelman <tez%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 1:35 PM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
> wrote:
>> On 22 May 2011 19:26, Tim Zingelman <tez%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

>>> Does bootstrap use these definitions?  If so I think that would break
>>> the current instructions for bootstrapping on several supported OS's.
>>> For instance in bootstrap/README.Solaris suggests:
>>>
>>>        env CC=/opt/studio12/SUNWspro/bin/cc \
>>>          SUNWSPROBASE=/opt/studio12/SUNWspro \
>>>          ./bootstrap --abi=64
>>
>> Is there someone using pkgsrc on Solaris who could test?
>> Just append change TOOLS_PLATFORM.env in mk/tools/tools.SunOS.mk to
>> "TOOLS_PLATFORM.env?=            /usr/bin/env -i" and run the bootstrap.
>>

> Trying to revive / update my test system now...

Bootstrap of HEAD fails on Solaris 10 with:

===> Building binary package for bootstrap-mk-files-20090807nb2
=> Creating binary package
/usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/bootstrap-mk-files-20090807nb2.tgz
pkg_create: Package building is not supported in bootstrap mode
*** Error code 1

unless you do 'env USE_DESTDIR=no ./bootstrap', and adding the -i to
TOOLS_PLATFORM.env causes this workaround to fail.

Let me see if I can hack around that trouble and try testing again.

 - Tim