Re: Unsetting ENV in pkgsrc

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 12:41:33AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> I was testing pkgsrc on a system which sets ENV=~/.shinit, and .shinit
> sets PATH.
>
> The net effect of this is to break various wrapper & buildlink path
> settings in pkgsrc.

I had problems to install qt4 in the past when I set the PATH in my
root shell so some references to the build directory were then created
during the relinking of the libraries in the installation step.

That only happend with some qt4-* packages. No other packages had
problems with setting the PATH for root.

> Would it make sense for pkgsrc to unconditionally clear ENV?

So is ENV enough which has to be cleared and in which step should that
be done?

Bernd