Re: pkgsrc/licenses

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 09:58:33AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> BY and SA seem obviously ok.

ACK

> NC is fairly obviously not ok

Needs NO_CDROM, but can be enabled by default otherwise.

> ND is not obvious; it seems not ok.

Depends in this case. Files that we don't want to be in the business of
patching -- fine. Consider fonts. Make sure with upstream that building
a package of otherwise unmodified files is not considered derived work.

> Has any free software umbrella organization issued opinions on whether
> the various cc licenses are Free or Open Source?

CC doesn't apply too much to software, which is why it is rarely used.
The primary exceptions are documentation and artistic works.

Joerg