Re: Chaging uid/gid at binary install

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:46:03 +0900, Masao Uebayashi
<> wrote:

> If you want to assign certain UID to the user, you can use

And that is build time operation, right?

I'm asking if something like this works:

        % env pkg_add foo-1.2.3.tgz

OK, this is equivalent to:

        % useradd -u 500 foo
        % pkg_add foo-1.2.3.tgz

Not equivalent, because group, home, shell may not be set
as expected.

(And now I realize what I want is the central DB of all pkgsrc
uids/gids so that I can add them at once.)

like a mk/defaults/options.description for PKG_OPTIONS?

OBATA Akio /