Re: teTeX-bin dependency installs take over 12 hours

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 02:46:53PM -0800, Min Sik Kim wrote:
> I have been working on removing dependencies on teTeX-bin or teTeX-texmf.
> There remain about 30 such packages, and none of them need all those
> hyphenation patterns.  Once the dependencies are minimized, most of the
> hyphenation packages will become leaf packages, installed by those who does
> use the languages.
>
> Since typical usage of (La)TeX does not require hyphenations for many
> languages, this will be a nonissue then.
>
> If anyone want to help, please search for packages including
> "print/teTeX/module.mk" ro "mk/tex.buildlink3.mk", or directly depending on
> teTeX-bin, and reduce their dependencies, usually to tex-bin-latex and a few
> tex-* packages.

Which reminds me: I wanted to package skak.tar.xz since we don't have
it yet, but I'm unclear what version number to choose. How do you
decide that?

And print/pdvipsk doesn't build for me because the distribution patch
fails to apply to the info file. Can you please take a look?

Thanks
 Thomas