Re: bsd.own.mk - Re: pkg/44425: devel/lua-alt-getopt install problem

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 09:18:34PM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> At 21:03 Uhr +0100 20.1.2011, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> >On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:19:54PM +0300, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> >> This brings again the need of separation between pkgsrc's and
> >> NetBSD's "bsd.own.mk". Does anyone else have a plan for that?
> >
> >This is a completely separate issue. The problem here is that something
> >Hauke does (and I currently have no idea what it is) changes the
> >behavior of standalone make runs. The point is that the build of
> >something using the bsd.prog.mk / bsd.lib.mk files is literally no
> >different to an in-tree build for NetBSD.
>
> What do you think of the patch (against netbsd-5) in
> <http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bugs/2011/01/20/msg041359.html>?
> Arguably NEED_OWN_INSTALL_TARGET is the knob that should take care of the
> issue, and after the patch it does.

The core problem is that you insist on building things inside the NetBSD
src tree, but can't live with the resulting fallout. Sorry, but I
consider this a classic case of "Don't do that". The easiest workarounds
are WORKOBJDIRPREFIX or just moving the pkgsrc tree. I don't consider
any hacks for this appropiate and hope the one that was committed gets
reverted.

Joerg