RE: Distributed bulk building for slow machines

> I should've mentioned that it's meant to build a zillion
> dependencies, and
> that X building would be on a separate machine, so would probably
> take
> place in parallel with other builds.

I can see that, but since we're specifically talking about slow machines, I
think "priority" packages should be evaluated individually on what value they
provide under that criterion.  E.g., $BIGPKG is slow, and slow apps are not
going to be my first choices to run on slow machines.  I don't object to
$BIGPKG being built, but wouldn't necessarily list it a priority.  Which
dependencies (of www/firefox-gtk2) are you most interested in?

> Perhaps www/netsurf would be more appropriate.

If you want to include a GUI browser, I'd pick www/dillo.  Xaw/*tif/FLTK are
going to more useful on the low end.

Tim
--
Tim Larson
App Admin, Intercall Production Services