Re: handling moved configuration files

What I've done in the past for something like this is to make the conversion part of the rc.d script as an extra command, make the "start" command check for the presence of the old config file and output a big warning, and add an INSTALL script that checks for the old file and also gives a big warning.

It's hard to come up with a good general system for managing these issues because people manage their config files in so many ways, and we don't have a pkgsrc-approved method that all packages are forced/encouraged to adhere to. Just don't over-complicate it for users.

        Cheers,

        -- Johnny C. Lam