Fetching an https: URL

All,

teaching a pkg to fetch a distfile from an SSL web server, I get the
impression that nobody @ pkgsrc has done this before...

Most of the packages with https MASTER_SITES dodge the problem and rely on
the distfile being available on ftp://ftp.{net,free}bsd.org/ (see e.g.
devel/flexdoc). Obviously, that does not work for a newly created package.

So, I figured that I'd use wget, since there is prior art in wip/vidalia.
Pity that it doesn't work...

Setting FETCH_CMD doesn't do anything, it's FETCH_USING you need to set.
But even then it is impossible to set
FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS=--no-check-certificate to actually fetch a file over
https. Looking at mk/fetch/fetch.mk, none of the FETCH*.${FETCH_USING}
variables are user-settable. What was the idea behind that?

And how should I proceed?

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281