Re: libmemcached and include paths

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 16:44:58 +0900, Filip Hajny <>

Hi guys,

I'm attempting to bump wip/php-memcached (and subsequently wip/libmemcached
too) to more recent versions, and hit a problem with include paths as defined
by libmemcached/ The problem is that php_memcached.c triggers
(through PHP's php_config.h) the inclusion of the system string.h header file,
however that conflicts with ${PREFIX}/include/libmemcached/string.h.

Obviously I could just change the libmemcached/ file to not add
the ${PREFIX}/include/libmemcached include path to the chain, but that may
break something elsewhere. I was wondering, is there a common way out of this,
or is it just an unfortunate file naming on the part of libmemcached?

I feel that header files are renamed.
i.e. include/libmemcached/memcached_string.h => include/libmemcached/string.h

So you can drop BUILDLINK_INCDIRS.libmemcached from
If it break something, it should be fixed to catch up the change.
Probably, following:
< #include "memcached_string.h"
#include "libmemcached/string.h"

OBATA Akio /