Re: Update Problem

Am 20.04.2010 um 15:06 schrieb Joerg Sonnenberger:
I think that was more an issue of the original pkgdb being severely
broken and not so much an issue of the way the tools are build. A way to
get started is
        pkg_admin rebuild
        pkg_admin rebuild-tree

making sure that the pkg_admin it is running is the correct modern one
(e.g. newer than 2009xxxx). That at least ensures that the database
index and the dependency tree are complete.

Done. Several times now ;-)

The rest of the update
should be possible with pkg_rr. I would in this case likely go with a
complete update of all packages in one go through.

No. That does not work, i ignored rar, which won't build on my NetBSD i386 5.0.2 - it says I need to be running off a kernel with compat_nomid, which I do, but exec_nomid is not defined in the kernel, instead only _KERNEL_OPT_COMPAT_NOMID is defined.

Anyway, the old rar does still work, so I excluded it from being rebuilt.

Now I have a more severe problem that seems to tell me "make replace" is somehow broken, and I don't know how to fix that.

As a side note, make replace deletes the local config /usr/pkg/etc/ nmh, which I find to be a major bug - it should preserve the configs for the user to merge.

----output----
===> Replacing for nmh-1.3
WARNING: experimental target - DATA LOSS MAY OCCUR.
Creating binary package: nmh-1.0.4nb4
pkg_info: Unrecognised PLIST command `@mtree +MTREE_DIRS'
Creating package /usr/pkgsrc/mail/nmh/work/nmh-1.0.4nb4
=> Preserving existing +INSTALLED_INFO file.
=> Preserving existing +REQUIRED_BY file.
===> Deinstalling for nmh-1.3
Running /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_delete -K /var/db/pkg  nmh-1.0.4nb4
pkg_delete: Unrecognised PLIST command `@mtree +MTREE_DIRS'
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package `nmh-1.0.4nb4'
= = = ======================================================================== If you won't be using nmh-1.0.4nb4 any longer, you may want to remove the
following directories:

        /usr/pkg/etc/nmh
= = = ========================================================================
[...]
original MD5 checksum failed, not deleting: /usr/pkg/man/man5/ mh_profile.5
Executing `/bin/rmdir '/usr/pkg'/etc/nmh 2>/dev/null || true'
===> Installing for nmh-1.3
ERROR: nmh-1.0.4 is already installed - perhaps an older version?
ERROR: If so, you may use either of:
ERROR:     - "pkg_delete nmh-1.0.4" and "/usr/bin/make reinstall"
ERROR:       to upgrade properly
ERROR:     - "/usr/bin/make update" to rebuild the package and all
ERROR:       of its dependencies
ERROR:     - "/usr/bin/make replace" to replace only the package without
ERROR:       re-linking dependencies, risking various problems.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/nmh
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/nmh
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/nmh
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** 'make replace' failed for package nmh.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/nmh
*** Please read the errors listed above, fix the problem,
*** then re-run pkg_rolling-replace to continue.