Re: make package weirdness in pkgsrc-2010Q1

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 08:14:49AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I agree with not having any magic fixups.  But arguably
> DEPENDS_TARGET=package should cause an error with USE_DESTDIR=yes.
> Perhaps anything other than "install" or "package-install".  Without
> DESTDIR, legitimate values are "install", "package" and
> "package-install".

With DESTDIR there is practically no reason to explicitly set them.
If you are using one of the few remaining packages that don't support
it, spend your time fixing those. I will mark them as broken soon.
Whether or not you want to keep the binary package is solved by calling
package-clean similar to clean.

Joerg