Re: state of the art in python/alternatives

On 4/7/10 5:10 AM, Julio Merino wrote:
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 7:27 PM, Greg Troxel<>  wrote:

that makes sense.

pkgsrc.txt contains:

    FIXME: There is no documentation on the alternatives framework.

Meh, my fault.

Is there a description someplace?

Not really, other than the pkgtools/pkg_alternatives package and its
manual pages.

While you're looking.... :)

Can you look at pr 42197 that I submitted, with a refactoring of pkg_alternatives so that it doesn't depend on a latin-1 character?

Also I reworked many parts to use awk, as suggested by others in this discussion:

There is a patch in the PR, and I've been using it successfully on OS X, NetBSD, AIX and Linux.