Re: Removing case-insensitive check?

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
It is likely forgotten at the time the problems appear.

Indeed. I ran into the problem of a case-sensitive file system a few weeks ago, mounting a file system on NetBSD from a Mac, via NFS. Back then I thought about adding some simple check to pkgsrc itself to warn if a case independent file system is found:

        touch workdir/XXX
        if [ -f workdir/xxx ]; then # whatever

I never got around to do this, though.

 - Hubert