Re: pkgsrcCon 2010 in Basel 20100528 - 20100530

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Mark Weinem
<mark.weinem%alumni.uni-due.de@localhost> wrote:

> I would like to hear about the chances and interests of implementing user-
> installable (and maintainable) packages. Under /home/username, without the
> need for root.

UNPRIVILEGED has been around several years now. I use it in production
on some Linux systems where I don't have root. If I had to deal with
those systems any other way, I'd go mad(der).

We've had at least a couple pkgsrcCon talks and discussions about
unprivileged pkgsrc. Perhaps we could do with another, especially if
there's anything new to report.