Re: CVS commit: src

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 06:42:16AM +0000, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
>  > > ISTM that section 9 is an appropriate place for both interface and
>  > > implementation docs. In the (few) cases where we actually have an
>  > > interface, as opposed to "some exposed pieces of the implementation",
>  > > the documentation should be clear on which is which and which
>  > > properties of the implementation are actually guaranteed by the
>  > > interface and which aren't.
>  >
>  > let's stop being too generic and go back to the change in question.
>  > do you think this man page is an appropriate place for these functions?
>
> Given that they exist in several MD implementations and (I think) are
> more or less the same in at least some of those, yes, provided they're
> documented as a piece of internals.

"some MD implementations might have this for their internal use"?
it sounds useless and confusing to me.

comments along the code itself is far more appropriate for this kind
of descriptions because they have more chance to be up-to-date and
someone who cares MD implementation details likely will look at the code
anyway.

> Of course, we could get rid of them and move to MI spl functions :-)
> (see tech-kern, ad@ just found the thread and thereby reminded me of it)

we are discussing if we want to describe MD internal details in the
man page of MI spl interfaces.

YAMAMOTO Takashi