Re: cycle in dependency graph

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:11:07AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > That's what I was getting at about not a 'real' dependency.  ftp fetched
> > files, but they were then checksummed.  So while ftp was needed, a new
> > ftp doesn't mean that checkperms should be rebuilt.
>
> The dependency is unconditional and should stay so.

I think I see what Greg is getting at ftp and digest are part of the
bootstrap dependences, but so are pkg_install, bmake and mk-files and they
are not listed, perhaps anything that is a bootstrap dependency (whether
they are part of the bootstrap-kit or not) should not be listed in a packages
build dependences.

This makes since because the bootstrap kit/dependency are suppose to
replace/provide packages that would otherwise be a part of the base os.
(e.g on netbsd there should not be any bootstrap kit/dependences)

--
Steven
How should I know if it works?  That's what beta testers are for.  I