Re: revbumps and version sharing

kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost said:
> Fortunately, gcdmaster broke its PLIST because of the cdrdao update,
> and needed to be fixed (which has happened, there's no bug left to
> correct).   I say "fortunately" as at version 1.2.2 gcdmaster had been
> at PKGREVISION=6

As the person who did the update I just want to say that I was
aware of the problem. I had prepared both packages a while ago
and it was just at that occasion that I felt that both got enough
functional testing to be committed.
Technically, you are right that PKGREVISIONs should be reset
at the same moment the "master" package is updated. But since CVS
doesn't give us atomic checkouts anyway, some lazyness doesn't
hurt either. I think even a couple of hours is tolerated usually,
to piggyback changes onto previous version or revision bumps.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt