Re: misc/vym distinfo checksum update

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, Robert Elz wrote:

> It is too late to do anything about this now, but the
> 2nd of those was done the wrong way, it is inappropriate to
> "correct a distinfo checksum" - if the distinfo file has
> changed, we need to find out why (to make sure the change is
> not the introduction of a trojan - usually it is just an
> ignorant upstream developer who doesn't know that a changed
> file should have a change revision, but ...)

which reminds me that print/cups suffers from such a distinfo error, I
noticed it a couple of weeks ago when building something though I never
got around to checking it when the builds finally finished - the original
cups-1.3.11-source.tar.bz2 from ftp.easysw.com does not match but one I
got from a mirror seemed fine..

iain

(cups is at 1.4.2 now but I'm not a user of it)