Re: incomplete set of BSD license types?

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:13:01AM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:04:46PM +0200, Klaus Heinz wrote:
> > Greg Troxel wrote:
> >
> > > perhaps add "2-clause-bsd" ?
> >
> > If there no objections, I will do that.
>
> Please don't. Add a note to modified-bsd that it covers both cases.
> For practical purposes there is no difference and let's not artifically
> make the process more complicated than necessary.

Au contraire - please add the license in, along with the other licenses
that we're missing.

The license scheme we have now does not scale (let's not go there), but that
is not an excuse to misrepresent an author's desired scheme for licensing
the software.

Alistair