Re: make package-install ??

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009, OBATA Akio wrote:

> > pkgsrc/doc/pkgsrc.txt mentions the package-install target.
> >
> > But when I use it, I get:
> >
> > make: don't know how to make package-install. Stop
> >
> > How is it used?
>
> I'm usually using the target without particular settings, no errors.

I was getting many errors, like:

Starting in security/sudo and running: "make install". libtool
building (I did a make clean-depends). Then:

libtool-base fails: => Generating post-install file lists
pkg_create: can't stat
`/usr/pkgsrc/devel/libtool-base/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/find:
/usr/pkgsrc/devel/libtool-base/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/.: No such file or
directory'

I see "find:" as part of the filename.

I stopped using USE_DESTDIR and all is well.

I may try it again later.