Re: Getting rid of binary package subdirs?

 >> We have pkg_install and lately pkgin to fulfill this.

> pkg_install? You mean as in pkg_add? How does that help when I
> e.g. want to install all games?

% pkgs=`pkg_grep_summary -m CATEGORIES games < pkg_summary.txt | sed -n
% pkg_add $pkgs

Though pkg_grep_summary is unofficial tool not mentioned in pkgsrc guide

pkg_summary introduced a few years ago gives a lot of benefits and
provides much more things than subdirectories for categories.

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.