Re: glib2 syntax error

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 03:50:23PM +0200, Zafer Aydo?an wrote:
> checking for preceeding underscore in symbols... no
> checking for dlerror... yes
> checking for dlopen(NULL, 0) brokenness... yes
> checking for the suffix of module shared libraries... eval: 1: Syntax
> error: Unterminated quoted string
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/glib2
> *** Error code 1
>

> Any Ideas ?
>
> $ libtool --config | grep ^shrext
> shrext_cmds='.so'

Only that I saw that before, and the problem just went away with an update
of the package, so I didn't get to the bottom of it. Essentially I ended
up with

shrext_cmds='.so
'

so, with the close quote on the next line. From memory, after
configure is run, pkgsrc replaces libtool, so chances are the
libtool --config you ran wasn't the one which configure saw.

Cheers,

Patrick