RE: Naming restrictions for Solaris packages

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 05:57:28PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > I don't have the full meta to check how many of those have
> SRV4_PKGNAME
> > set, but I would be surprised if many do. I'd suggest to drop that
> > variable and instead maintain a prefix transformation table directly
> > in gensolpkg for those cases that matter. Comments?
>
> Sounds like a good idea!
>  Thomas
>
> Disclaimer: I'm not using pkgsrc on Solaris.

I am, and I think it sounds like a good idea, too.  Anywhere that we can
automate problem checking/resolution is good.  Heck, even _I_ wasn't aware that
moderately long package names might be a problem on Solaris.  People that don't
use Solaris definitely wouldn't know to set a special var like that