Re: quoting hell with space in download location

Matthias Drochner schrieb:
> Hi -
>
> perhaps someone has an advise or a fix for my problem:
> I'm trying to update a pkg (liferea), but its download
> location has changed to something with a space in a
> directory name, it would be:
>  ${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE:=liferea/Liferea Stable/1.6.0/}
>
> Whatever I try the fetch stage is always freaking out
> in strange ways.

The := syntax is usually used as ${FOO:%.c=%.o}, so any percent
character is interpreted specially, as documented in the make(1) man page.

Fortunately, there is another search-and-replace mechanism that doesn't
treat percent characters specially:

${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE:@ms@${ms}liferea/Liferea%20Stable/1.6.0/@}

Roland