Re: up2date - something for NetBSD?

>   Currently, pkg_summary is created by running pkg_info -X on all
> binary paackges, and that should not change (as it allows to easily
> (re)create the summary).

>   So, I would suggest recording the neccessary information in the
> relevant binary package and have pkg_info -X output it.
How about adding to 'pkg_info -X' output an information with which
version of python/php/apache the package was built.

In pkg_summary-utils I use the following notation:

  <other fields here>

ASSIGNMENTS variable allows to easily implement source-based upgrades
without hacks aroung package's name.

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.