RE: Bootstrap check

Trying this again...

> attached is a patch to check that the work directory doesn't exist for
> the bootstrap. Is this too aggressive?

IIRC-I haven't looked at it since last November-this would break bootstrap on
A/UX.  (Not that I've gotten it completely working yet anyway...)  Due to its
lack of mkdir -p, it takes several attempts just to set up the initial
directory structure before it really kicks off.  Checking/removing that dir
would foil that.  But if we could check for mkdir -p very early and simulate it
when it doesn't exist, it would sidestep that problem.

Tim

--
      Tim Larson        AMT2 Unix Systems Administrator
          InterCall, a division of West Corporation

Be always sure you are right, then go ahead. - David Crockett