Re: pkg_info(1) and wildcards / by-file listenings

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 11:27:37PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
        So that would be changing the current behaviour? I have no
        objections to that, but it might be nice if pkgsrc provided
        a convenient way to list a subset of installed packages in
        a 'one line per package' form.

No, I don't want to change the way -e or -E behave. One possible change
        pkg_info -e xtrans -e xsnow

instead of the current
        pkg_info -e xtrans -e xsnow

...but of course, the question remains if that output should be sorted
as well.

        Sorry - I was unclear. You stated that you wanted wildcards
        on -e to be an error, though it currently works
        eg: 'pkg_info -e lib\*'

        Also, would 'pkg_info -e xtrans xsnow' not make sense?

                David/absolute       -- No hype required --