Re: pkg_info(1) and wildcards / by-file listenings

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 10:23:49PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
>> Possible sort criterions are lexical and install time. Selection
>> criterions are all, manual installed, automatically installed, leaves
>> as well as packages matching the given list.
>
>       Would you default all output to one sort (say alpha) and then
>       provide a sort by 'x' option?

Yeah, I'd sort alphanumerically by default and provide an option to sort
by install time. It currently is something like "sort by install time
unless the user deinstalled enough packages so that FFS reused an old
slot".

>       On a side note, would there be any sense in make -e take
>       multiple package names?

I'd prefer not to. E.g. typing "pkg_info -e x*" should be an error. If
it is desirable to test for more than one package at the same time, the
behavior of having multiple -e options could be fixed though.

Joerg