Re: Depending on a package with an option?

Adrian Portelli <> wrote:

>  IMHO the only sure way to do this is to examine the output of
> `pkg_info -Q PKG_OPTIONS <package name>` and then decide from there.  I
> think a framework built on this should work across the board and should
> be accurate*.  The way I see it you could just to a e.g.
> USE_FEATURES.wget= inet6
> In your Makefile which would make sure that wget was built with the
> 'inet6' option, if not set PKG_FAIL_REASON.

This is exaclty what I was looking for. But implemnting that will mean
modifying existing package that do it, so I will live it to someone more
comfortable with pkgsrc-wide commits

For now I think I can just add a check on pkg_info -Q PKG_OPTIONS in the
package I'm building. That should do it, and I will convert it to the
new framework if it appears some day.

Emmanuel Dreyfus