Solaris packages not working quite right

Hi all,
I've been using pkgsrc and gensolpkg to build Solaris packages for a little while now and I've finally come across the problem I was expecting to find as soon as I started.

gensolpkg doesn't copy the package installation scripts from the tgz file into the Solaris format package. Are the semantics of the pkgsrc install scripts well defined, and can I expect them to work on Solaris? I'm testing with apache22, which does a fair amount of work in its install scripts.

As far as I can tell, the semantics look reasonably well defined, but there will need to be some work done to adapt them to the SYSV package semantics.

Lloyd Parkes
Systems Consultant
Open Systems
Ph: +64 4 890 2437